When you invest with a financial professional who affiliates with LPL, your accounts are protected with multiple levels of security:
- Our Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) membership provides account protection up to a maximum of $500,000 per customer, of which $250,000 may be claims for cash.*
- In addition to SIPC protection, LPL purchases Excess of SIPC protection with an aggregate limit of $600 million.
- Through our multi-bank sweep solutions, clients will receive the benefits of FDIC insurance, including:
- Accounts eligible for the Insured Cash Account (ICA) will receive up to $2.5 million in coverage for single account holders and $5 million for joint accounts.
- Accounts eligible for the Deposit Cash Account (DCA) will receive up to $2 million in coverage for single account holders.
- ICA and DCA deposits are FDIC-insured to a maximum amount of $250,000 (including principal and accrued interest) per bank, per legal capacity, and is aggregated with all other deposits held by you in the same recognized legal capacity at the same bank. Other investment holdings are subject to loss.
Regardless of investment type or size, we ensure your accounts are well protected. If you’d like more information on our SIPC membership, please visit http://www.sipc.org for a brochure. For FDIC insurance coverage information, visit http://www.fdic.gov.
* The account protection applies when an SIPC member firm fails financially and is unable to meet obligations to securities clients, but it does not protect against losses from the rise and fall in the market value of investments.